Thursday, October 16, 2008

Terrible

I'm not a coffee snob, but I know the basics for making a good cup. I've been disappointed by baristas far too many times recently...

Yesterday, I went for dinner at a restaurant on campus. I asked for a coffee and was handed one in a see-through mug (so I could see how weak it was). It was fair trade, though, so I felt pretty good for buying it. When I noticed there was no cream/sugar station, I asked for milk in my coffee. The girl went to the espresso bar, pulled out a steaming pitcher of god knows what from some mystery shelf in the corner, and poured the liquid in. I could see the separation of the heavy milk and the light coffee and cringed, but accepted my fate and drank the stuff.

Today, at the Starbucks on campus (a licensed store), I ordered a personal Tall Nonfat No-Whip Mocha (I was in the mood for sugar, okay??). As I waited at the drink counter, I watched not one but two people from behind me get their drinks first. The barista seemed more interested in chatting with her coworkers than doing her job, and her inattentiveness led her to allow her espresso to die before putting it in the drinks. All I can say is that I'm glad I wasn't the one who ordered the Tall Latte. If that was my drink, I would have demanded that she re-make it. I don't pay high prices for improperly made drinks. Thankfully, mine turned out okay - maybe it was my incessant staring that made her want to make the thing properly?

It was also odd because the girl re-steamed milk. As someone who used to work at a licensed store, I know that you're supposed to be following Starbucks standards, and these folks weren't.


I don't know if I've mentioned this on here yet, but I'm finally working at a real Starbucks. The benefits pwn Safeway's tenfold. I'm very, very happy.

No comments: